Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fearless

I have realized that I have allowed fear to creep into my heart and that I cannot have both faith and fear in my heart at the same time. I need to have more faith and less fear. Fear is not of God. Fear overwhelms me when I think of all the "what if"s in life, all the worst-case-scenarios and I worry needlessly. I need to put my trust in the Lord.
"Fear thou not, for I am with thee: be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."
Isaiah 41:10

This has been my favorite scripture since I was 9 years old and I read it after having a bad dream. It gave me comfort then and it gives me comfort now. I am amazed at how I am still learning the full meaning of it. When I was 9 years old my greatest fear were the dark scary nightmares of my childish imagination. Now,  I am a wife and my mother and my fears are much more real. My imagination still works and still has a dark side. I am too good at imagining horrible scenarios of pain and grief for myself and my family. It is easy to dwell on such things especially with the world that we live in and the horrible tragic news you hear every day. However, this is NOT the way of the Lord.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Tim 1:7
A sound mind is a mind at peace. Jesus Christ is the "Prince of Peace" and he wants to bring us joy and comfort. His Gospel is Peace. We need not fear the evils of this world when we have faith in him. His Gospel is Love. Love is His Power.
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." 1John 4:18
Love casteth out fear. When we love the Savior we have faith in Him. He takes away our fears. He takes them away and replaces them with hope, love, and peace. 
"He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart. 
He lives all blessings to impart."   
I Know That My Redeemer Lives by Samuel Medley
Fear isn't of the Lord. The Lord vanquishes fear through His Love. His Great Atoning Sacrifice has already paid the price. We need to let go of our fears and TRUST in Him. He will lead us he will guide us. He will give us Peace. 









No comments:

Post a Comment