Sunday, June 17, 2012

Testimony

I have been learning a lot about having faith or belief and what it means to have a testimony. When I first began reading the scriptures I believed what I read was true. As I got older I began to pray about those things and the Spirit confirmed in my heart that it was right. As I got even older I started to put into practice what the scriptures taught and that is when I KNEW that what the scriptures is true. I am still doing this process. I am continuing to gain a testimony about new gospel principles.
I know that Heavenly Father lives.
I know that we are His children.
I know he hears and answers my prayers.
I know Jesus Christ is His Son, the Only Begotten.
I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world.
I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet who restored the full gospel to the earth.
I know that there is a living prophet of God on the earth today.
I know the Bible contains the words of God.
I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.
I know that the Priesthood is the power of God given to man through the proper authority.
I know that God designed us to be born into families here on the earth.
I know that the temple is the House of the Lord and that His Spirit resides there.
These are the things that I know with a surety. There are many more things not listed. There are even more things that I believe but do not yet have a knowledge.
"Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." (Alma 32:21)
I do not see everything, but I do have hope. I have hope and I have faith. I know that as I continue to learn and grow in spirit that my faith will continue to grow and I will gain new knowledge.
I want to share this testimony with my boys and give them hope in a better tomorrow and a faith in their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment